Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The pursuit of happiness

A sudden discussion with one of my best friends sprouted some thoughts on what one needs to feel satisfied with one's life. I've always had a standard definition for what I want in my life.... I just want to be happy. The problem is, I need a lot of things to make me feel that way. For starters, a good job, one which gets me a fat paycheck every month, along with satisfactory work, good colleagues, a nice boss...and the works. Most people keep telling me that's a lot to ask for! And given my current situation, I have to agree.
The ironic thing is, a few months back, I used to LOVE my work. Excellent work, a supportive boss, friendly co-workers..Its a whole different story now!! Anyway, I think I'm digressing from the point...
So, getting back to being happy. I wish there was a formula for it. Anyway, apart from work, I think good family support and a healthy dose of good friends should do the trick. Seems pretty easy to achieve. I mean, we all have friends, our parents would really never not support us and how difficult is it to find a decent job (especially when you have a solid education backing you up)? Turns out, its not that simple.
I'm still figuring it out for myself. Don't have a lot of concrete answers yet, but I'm happy I've started getting a few things on track.

5 comments:

GP said...

Let the pursuit be the source of your happiness...says the great guru Gautama Prakasha!! Tathastu! :P

Unknown said...

thank you guruji!! :D

P1 said...

you can ask for all the things in world .. and you ll get everything provided you are ready to make sacrifices for them ..
the question to be asked is ..are you ready to pay the price ?..wot do u think..

Unknown said...

I think that as long I don't run into a loss paying the price for all that I want... I'm ok with it!

P1 said...

its better to know "if the juice is worth the squeeze"..